Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Sizzler


This is a diptych that I shot last summer, but I've been working with it some lately doing printing tests on a variety of media. I remember having the idea in mind that I wanted to photograph the carnival down the street from where we live at the moment when the ambient light and lighting from the rides merged for an interesting exposure. The color balance was tricky. I also shot with the intention of connecting multiple frames to create a broader view of the scene, as if one frame wasn't enough to capture the feeling and mood of the place. It happened that these two shots were the last and second to last exposures on my CF card as I ran out of file space. It was one of the lucky moments when everything came together in a way that I don't think I could have ever planned.

No comments: