Saturday, June 30, 2007

Looking Back

I've been working with some older photographs this past week. This image, "Blessed Are Those Who Are Invited...," was taken in 2005. Kristin's grandfather had given me an old medium format, twin-lens. It's a beautiful camera that still shoots wonderfully. It was fun to join it with new technology (a film scanner, Photoshop, inkjet printer) to come full circle.

The idea behind the photo comes from a passage of scripture in Revelations 19:9. It describes a wedding supper for Jesus. Usually this might be thought of as a large feast, bu what strikes me about the image is that it is an intimate and personal setting. It reminds me of Christ's love, a personal love, for even one like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way your style is so diverse. I get this modern feel through the 1963 jag and then I look at something like "Blessed are those.." and I get a since of old world. You will never leave the viewer bored-and as a viewer I appreciate that.